Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - June 24

Book Blogger Hop

Thanks to  Crazy-for-books for hosting this hop, I hope to hop on from time-to-time......I also found some new blogs and I am looking forward to knowing what others are reading and saying! 

This weeks question is:

“When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”

My Answer:   I think I have always had a passion for books. When I was in kindergarten, I would receive Dr. Seuss Books of the Month Club delivered to my home and I think that was the start of it all. I couldn't wait for the mailman to come up those stairs with that package! Later in elementary school, I would always order from the scholastic order form and as soon as the books came would read them during class under my desk top. I remember one teacher in 4th grade that wouldn't give them to me until the end of the school day before I would catch the bus home.  I am so happy I can share this love with my children today. Both are strong avid readers themselves and hope they continue to love it as I do.....

Looking forward to reading what you have to say. It is rainy in Wisconsin "again" and a good day for reading blogs.....Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Scholastic book orders!!! Even as a teacher, I loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I miss those Scholastic book orders! Those were the absolutely BEST thing about middle school!

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on book blogger hop @ crazy for books

    My hop is here:
    http://muchlovedbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop-624-627.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggled to read the required books and do a book review in school and it wasn't until I discovered mystery books that my love of reading took off.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete