Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite MG Books for 2012

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Year in Review:   I found many well written and wonderful books this past year in the middle grade area. I am always happy when I find ones that have strong characters, good development and of course, positive messages for our young readers. Looking back at my list, I was disappointed that I did not have more time for reading middle grade this year. I plan on making a conscience effort next year for a better list. One thing I do know is that the books I did read were very memorable. Too many books today are promoted for middle grade readers that are advanced in content and are just not a right fit for their reading level or maturity. Here are a few that stood out as some great reads this past year for me.

I am looking forward to what the new year has to offer from a few of my favorite authors and finding many new ones as well......click on the link for my reviews!


Listening for Lions     Listening for Lions by Gloria Whelen

Marty McGuire Digs Worms!     Marty McGuire Digs Worms by Kate Messner

An Elephant in the Garden     Elephant in the Garden by Michael Murpurgo

Pie     Pie by Sarah Weeks

The Adventures of Tintin: A...     The Adventures of Tintin by Alex Irvine

Mo Wren, Lost and Found     Mo Wren, Lost and Found by Tricia Stringstubb

Cal Ripken, Jr.'s All-Stars...     Super-Sized Slugger by Cal Ripken, Jr.

Spy School     Spy School by Stuart Gibbs









2 comments:

  1. Your blog just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for the good info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the generous comment and taking the time to read my blog!

    ReplyDelete