Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite Picture Books of 2012


 
My Year in Review:  This was another outstanding year for wonderful picture books. I definitely had a few favorites from old authors as well as some new ones who I hope will continue to inspire our children to read with their writing talents. I also don't know where this year has gone but boy, has it flown by! Looking back at my list today though, I wished that I had been able to find more time for searching and reading. I am sure there are plenty more I have not yet discovered and will make a conscience effort to do better next year. There were a variety of stories with good humor, sweet and heartwarming animals and characters or just wonderful messages for our little ones to learn from. Here are a few that stood out as being some of my favorites from 2012.

I am looking forward to what next year has to offer as well........click on the link for my reviews!












Rocket Writes a Story     Rocket Writes a Story by Tad Hills


The Christmas Quiet Book      The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood


Bear Has a Story to Tell     Bear has a story to Tell by Phillip C. Stead


Me...Jane     Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell


No Two Alike     No Two Alike by Keith Baker


Over and Under the Snow     Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner


Red Sled     Red Sled by Lita Judge


Crafty Chloe     Crafty Chloe by Kelly DiPucchio



No comments:

Post a Comment