Friday, May 20, 2011

Family Forever Friday - May 20












Here is a brand new meme that was started by E&K Family Book Review to share stories about the people behind the blogs. What a great idea and since I'm all for something new and fun, count me in!

This week's question is:

What is your most embarassing moment as a kid?


My Answer: Wow, there could be about 100 answers to this question but one that sticks in my mind is when I was in 7th grade I wanted to try out for cheerleading and really wanted to make it with my best friend. We practiced like crazy all the time after school. Especially the jumps.....well, when it was time for tryouts I was so nervous standing in front of everyone that my knees were shaking and I totally forgot the words to the cheer, so that I was way off sync from my partner and ended after her.  I couldn't wait to sit back down again........I've learned to grow from a moment like this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'll be looking forward to next weeks question.

3 comments:

  1. I remember being talked into JH cheerleading tryouts! It was awful! I really feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood is filled with so many mortifications, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes think tryouts are held just to create embarassing moments. Builds character. lol! Thanks for sharing!

    KW
    http://www.ekfamilybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete