Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday - February 17

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme which is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read that expands your blog following. It is a great way to meet new bloggers! Each week there is a great question and each host will have a featured blog too. I have been a follower of Alison's blog for the past year and finally decided to join on this hop. I hope to hop from time-to-time!

This week's question is:

Q: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across?

My Answer: Wow, this is a great "put on your thinking caps" question this week.... Right off the top of my head the first thing that comes to mind are the Harry Potter characters (Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore, Voldemort) but they fit perfect for the book series.

I had to look back at some of the books that I read or posted and found Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief), Atticus, Scout and Jem (To Kill a Mockingbird), Rory Deveaux (The Name of the Star) it just sounds cool, Tintin (The Adventures of Tintin), Calla Tor and Ren Laroche (Nightshade) and I do find that Katniss, Peeta, Primrose along with many more from The Hunger Games are quite unsual as well.

I look forward to reading everyone elses and probably be like "oh, yeah that one!" Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. New follower here! I chose Ever from Alyson Noel's Immortals series. Great to meet you! :)

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and Hunger Games are definitely up there on the list of great names! Hope you have a great Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Rory, and I blame the Gilmore Girls. :)
    Old follower. :)
    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh yes, Harry Potter names are very popular today! I didn't know how to pronounce them to the movie! But that's the trouble with reading, you pronounce in your own way. I feel bad for the authors when they want to have this unique name and you aren't sure if everyone pronounces it right!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like interesting names that really fit the characters. Those are great examples.

    ReplyDelete