Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - July 15

Book Blogger Hop

Thanks to  Crazy-for-books for hosting this hop, I hope to hop on from time-to-time......I also found some new blogs and I am looking forward to knowing what others are reading and saying! 

This week’s question comes from Veronica who blogs at: Read Books, Have Fun

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?
 
 
My answer:  The majority of the books I read come from my local libraries. When I see something new come out, I order it in right away to get on the wait list. Since I have such a big TBR pile I don't mind waiting. Although, the turn around is usually pretty fast. The next place I will get books from is our local independent bookstore.  We love going there on the weekends, grabbing a coffe and checking out the great selections. I feel it is so important to support our library and local bookstore. Sometimes I will order from Amazon if it is something I really want but that I can't find but that is rare.

Can't wait to see how everyone else finds there books. Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hopping by my blog! I love the library so much. :) And the wait never really bothers me, either. I wish we had a fun inde bookstore around here, but all we've got is Barnes and Noble.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower stopping on by...

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete