It is time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Anyone can join and its fun to read what others have to say. This week's Top Ten is:
Ten Authors I'd Love to have at My Thanksgiving Feast
This is a good one..... I wish I had a table big enough for all ten and then some. I really had to think hard to pick ten of my favorite authors. Here is my choice in no particular order. Just ones off the top of my head:
1. Stephen King - I wouldn't let him carve the turkey though
2. Kate DiCamillo - she has written two of my favorite children's books, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and The Tale of Despereaux.
3. Dr. Seuss - he'd just be silly and funny.
4. Aldo Leopold - very wise and speak's from the heart.
5. J.K. Rowling - I find her inspiring.
6. Rick Riordan - my kids would love to have him and would beg him to tell a fantastical story.
7. Santa Montefiore - her writing makes me want to run away to the countryside and live in a quaint cottage by a little lake somewhere and paint...........
8. Nicholas Sparks - the only time I read romance novels is by him.
9. Judy Blume - she captured my heart with her books when I was a kid. I'm glad that I could share her books with my kids too.
10. Paula Deen - does she count as an author? She has a ton of cookbooks and I could use some extra help making a feast for all these people.
Looking forward to reading who others have picked. Have a great week!