It is time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Anyone can join and its fun to read what others have to say. This week's Top Ten is:
Top Ten Books that have been on my shelf for the longest but I have never read........
I have a lot of books on my shelves that have been sitting there which seems like forever. If only there were more hours in the day and less cleaning, laundry, driving kids around etc. then I just may be able to catch up on some of these title.
1. Running Dark by Jamie Freveletti - I received this second book by the author after going to the bookstore and listening to the author talk last year. I read her first one which I enjoyed but just have not gotten around to the second one.
2. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian - I just looked at this book and saw that it was an autographed copy.....must have been sitting there for a while cuz I don't remember that before.
3. The Mermaid Garden by Santa Montefiore - I received this as a gift from my husband for my birthday in July! I love the author and her other book The French Gardener was a beautifully written love story. I keep saying I am looking forward to reading this one soon.
4. Last Child in the Woods-Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv - I started this book but remember getting interrupted and never picking it up again. Ended up on my shelf.
5. Women & Money by Suze Orman - I think this one depresses me cuz I think she is going to give me the big lectures on what I'm doing wrong with my life and money. I know I should read it.........
6. The Wish Stealers by Tracy Trivas - My daughter loved this book and keeps asking me if I've read it. I think I'll put it on my winter TBR list.
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I just have a hard time with the dystopian genre.
8. The Pirate Captain's Daughter by Eve Bunting - now that I look at this one I wonder what is taking me so long to read it?
9. Okay for Now by Gary Schmidt - I loved the Wednesday Wars and when I read it to my kids they did too. I picked this one up because of that reason.
I guess I don't really have 10 books but I think 9 is more than enough. Have a great week!