Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Christmas Quiet Book review

 


 

The holidays are filled with joyful noise. But Christmas is sometimes wrapped in quiet: “Searching for presents quiet,” “Getting caught quiet,” and “Hoping for a snow day quiet.” Irresistibly cute, soft colored pencil illustrations of bunnies, bears, and more paint a magical holiday picture indeed.(goodreads summary)





With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, sometimes we need to stop and reflect on a quiet moment or two. This sweet and charming book will help you wind down with a cup of hot cocoa and bring you back to a more peaceful and serene feeling.  With its' cute characters and illustrations, each quiet moment is portrayed with such wonderful imagery that when I read it I experienced a sense of calmness. I enjoyed the variety of quiet moments but my favorite was the Luminaria quiet.  After reading that page, I felt the outdoor sensation of slowly walking in the forest surrounded by the snow and just being one with my thoughts.  Just like in The Quiet Book and The Loud Book, the illustrations are touching and full of expression giving me a smile afterwards.  Christmas is fast approaching and old man winter will soon be knocking on our door. This book is a nice reminder that we should take a break to stop and think about cherishing those special, quiet moments in our everyday life. I think this is a "just right book" for ages 2-6.~

Title: The Christmas Quiet Book
Author: Deborah Underwood, illustrated by Renata Liwska
Pub. Date: October 2012, Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Genre: picture book
Hardcover, 32 pgs.


You may also enjoy: (click for my reviews)

The Quiet Book            The Loud Book!     

No comments:

Post a Comment