Friday, January 27, 2017
2017 - A New Year and New Goals!
Already it is the end of January! The new year is the perfect time to reflect, re-evaluate, refresh, and restart. Every year that "To Do" list gets longer and longer. It always says the same things: eat healthier, exercise, loose weight, purge my house and the list goes on. I'm sure this is the same for many people but I know when I don't accomplish any goals on my list, I feel like I failed myself and my family. But for 2017, I decided to try harder and will do better. After letting January settle in, I have found a new perspective and attitude this year to make some different and more achievable goals. One goal at the top of my list is to read more and get back to blogging. So I ventured to my local library this past week and found several books I'm looking forward to reading and sharing soon. They also had copies of a reading challenge to take along and I selected a few ideas to share for a new year of wonderful reading~
Diverse Reading Challenge
* A book by an author you wouldn't normally read.
* A book written by someone under 30.
* A book over 500 pages.
* A book set somewhere you have never been.
* A book your mom loved.
* A book based totally on the cover.
* A book of short stories.
* A book that came out the year you were born.
* A book of poems.
* A book based on a true story.
* A book you were suppose to read in school but didn't.
* A historical nonfiction book.
* A nonfiction book.
* A book written over 100 years ago.
* A book in a genre you've never read.
* A play.
* A graphic novel.
* A book you can finish in a day.
Some are easy and others could be a bit of a challenge but that is the purpose. Either way they are some fun and inspirational ideas to kick off a great year of reading. I'm positive there are many "just right books" out there waiting to find.~