Friday, January 13, 2012

No Two Alike review

No Two Alike


No two snowflakes are alike, almost, almost . . . but not quite.

Follow a pair of birds on a snowflake-filled journey though a gorgeous winter landscape to explore how everything, everywhere is wonderfully unique--from branches and leaves to forests and trees to friends and loved ones. (goodreads summary)




Two charming little birds flutter about the forest during a wintry, white snowstorm finding no two things are alike from leaves, to bridges or fences.  Although they can be the same thing, each one has its own unique quality about them.  I loved this book not only for the unique storyline, but the digitally made illustrations were colorful and eye-pleasing, putting me in the mood for a walk in the woods during a snowstorm.  The characters of the birds come to life with their actions and expressions and are just down right cute. The rhyming text flows easily and is quite simple with just a few words on a page but gets the point across of differences nicely.  In the end, the little birds find one more comparison they make and kids will enjoy the outcome.  I think this is a "just right book" for ages 3-7.~

Title: No Two Alike
Author: Keith Baker
Pub. Date: November 2011, Simon & Schuster
Genre: picture book
Hardcover, 40 pgs.

3 comments:

  1. looks like a cute book. I don't read many picture books these days since my kids are all teenagers, but maybe when I have grandkids I'll start reading them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW this book sounds sooooooo sweet! I love reading picture books abd this sounds like one I will definitely pick up for my younger siblings! Great review!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete