Thursday, January 20, 2011




Today it feels like Winter ......

When I looked outside this morning, I realized that winter was in full force. The early morning sky was clear and the winds were calm. As the moon and stars were shining so brightly, it was a sure sign that it was going to be a chilly one.  When I was a kid, the cold and snow never bothered me. I would play outside until I was soaking wet. I remember coming in and there would be a hot cocoa with marshmallows waiting to give me warmth back in my fingers and toes.   I found a cute book today that reminded me of exploring the snowy outdoors and how kids never want it to end.  It would go great with a cup of hot cocoa and marshmallows. ~


Cover

Chaucer's First Winter by Stephen Krensky
  
Chaucer knows that bears are suppose to sleep through winter. But it's much more fun to stay up and play! (jacket description)






A really cute and sweet story. I loved the friendships between the animals and how they wanted to show bear what winter was. The illustrations were colorful and drawn beautifully. ~

Chaucer's First Winter
Author: Stephen Krensky
Genre: children's fiction
Pub. Date: 2008, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Hardcover,  30 pgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment