Friday, June 3, 2011

Family Forever Friday - June 3



Here is a brand new meme that was started by E&K Family Book Review to share stories about the people behind the blogs. What a great idea and since I'm all for something new and fun, count me in!

This Weeks Question - yes it is kind of about books, but more about YOU:


What was the book that sparked your love of reading? How old were you?
 
My answer:  Oh my, I loved so many books as a kid. I couldn't wait for my scholastic book club order to come when I was in grade school. But one book that really sticks in my mind as my all-time favorite would be The Elephant's Child. I had the book with a record and a Donald Duck record player that I would play over-and-over. I was 6 years old at the time in the 70's. This was a good question this week and reminded me of happy days when I was little. I wonder if that book is still around?

Have a good weekend!


 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's almost impossible to think of the book that sparked it all. I love this meme and question, BTW. My favorite childhood books were (and still are) The Velveteen Rabbit and The Littlest Angel. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look and see if The Elephant's child is still around! I love those books that stay with you forever! I even have a record player so I might be able to find that too!

    Thanks for participating in our meme this week! It is so fun to learn more about everyone!

    KW
    http://www.ekfamilybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete