Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Hops - December 16



Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme which is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read that expands your blog following.  It is a great way to meet new bloggers! Each week there is a great question and each host will have a featured blog too. I have been a follower of Alison's blog for the past year and finally have found the time and decided to join on this hop. I hope to hop from time-to-time!

This week's question is:

Q: When you’ve read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)


My Answer:  Good question this week.. I noticed that so many people have such a wide variety of books that I was interested in finding out where they all come from and what they do with them when they are done.  I get the majority of my books from our local library so it is easy enough to return when I'm finished. I sometimes purchase books that I really want and then just save them. Since our books we own are in such good shape, once a year I go through them and donate to our Friends of the Library group for their sales.

I'm looking forward to reading what others say and hope to find some new bloggers along the way! Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I get a lot of my books from the library too, but I just can't get rid of the ones I buy or receive to review! But donating is a great way to support your library! Great answer and happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get better about donating mine to the FoL as well, but I have to admit that I have a hard time parting with my books. :)

    Happy Friday!
    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to always buy my books then I keep them. It's my money spedning habit! Gotta be better than my sister who likes the really expensive purses...at least I can use coupons!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I borrow books from the library, but newer books I have to buy. I don't like waiting! LOL

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to the library but my library doesn't get lots of great books. So, I mainly purchase e-books now! New follower!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the library and use it frequently!

    Thanks for stopping by, new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The library is the best! New books I end up buying b/c I don't have the patience to wait for it. LoL

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    New follower :). I love the pink and the purple!

    ReplyDelete