Thursday, September 13, 2018

How to Read a Story review

22875387


Step One: Find a story. 
Step Two: Find a reading buddy. 
Step Three: Find a reading spot.
Now: Begin. (goodreads summary)





Since the new school year is upon us, it always seems to be the best time to find some new stories to read to the kids.  When I saw this book by one of my favorite authors, I knew I had to give it a try and happy that I did.  It made me smile and I felt this charming book would be the perfect story for the beginning of the school year in any classroom or library.  Inside is a cute step-by-step guide teaching its' reader on how to be a good reader. It encourages simple but important ways to reading such as;  choosing a good book, having a good reading spot with a buddy, reading out loud in a clear voice, using character voice changing, sounding out words you don't know and making predictions. These are only a handful of examples of what to expect from the content.  The illustrations are plentiful and fun having a story within a story being told as well. It  promotes everything you need that helps children become a good reader.  It would definitely make a great addition to the classroom library that kids will want to read over and over again.  I think this is a "just right book" for ages 4-7.~

Title: How to Read a Story
Author: Kate Messner, illustrated by Mark Siegel
Pub. date:  May 2015, Chronicle Books
Genre: picture book
Hardcover, 32 pgs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment