
Inspired by a beautiful Claude Monet painting, a
little artist decides to create her own masterpiece, but her puppy has
other ideas. (goodreads summary)
A young artist, who is inspired by the painter Claude Monet, decides she wants to paint her own masterpiece. But her charming little dog Claude has other ideas and tries everything to take her attention away from her artwork.
This picture book is one that I will definitely remember because it has two things that I love. First, it is based off of my favorite inspiring painter who is Claude Monet. Secondly, it is a wordless picture book that tells a sweet and cute story by its simple but beautifully done illustrations. This delightful book is easy to follow as the little girl visualizes what her painting will turn out to be but her dog adds a bit of mayhem instead. It is a very short read but the black and white illustrations with pops of primary colors are very expressive and cute. I could feel Claude's disappointment when he couldn't go for a walk by the way his head hung. I also noticed how hard the little girl was thinking and focusing wanting her painting to be a certain way. But as the story shows us, sometimes things don't always go as planned but can turn out wonderful anyway. I feel this would make a great addition for learning about impressionism where young kids could make their own artwork after reading this charming book. I think this is a "just right book" for ages 5-7.~
Title: Claude
Author: Phyllis Harris
Pub. date: May 2026, Familius
Genre: wordless picture book
Hardcover, 32 pgs.
No comments:
Post a Comment